Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Heat embossing and colouring on Crumb Cake/Kraft

Hello!
I have 2, yes 2 cards for you today!
I have tried a new technique I have been seeing around that I really like...it's very effective and a lot easier than I thought!

This card is created by stamping the flowers in Versamark then heat embossing in Whisper White EP. Then paint them using the Whisper White Craft Pad and a paintbrush. I then coloured them using my Wisteria Wonder & Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Markers and blended with the Blender Pens.


 I really love the effect...so subtle but effective! I finished by stamping some leaves in Lucky Limeade and edged the stamped panel with Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon.

I am entering this one into the DT call at CASE Study. I love their challenges and regularly enter them. I get a lot of inspiration from other crafty blogs, but none more so that my good friend Jen's. I love her clean style and her simple layouts always work so well. This is the card I have been most inspired by for this creation...
I have used the layout and the flower as my inspiration.


Now, as I said, I have 2 cards for you. This one is made using the 'practice' flower. I had to have a go before creating the above card, and as it turned out ok, I decided to use it! This time, I also rubbed a little white ink around the flower, mainly to cover up a bit of smudging lol! But it works...


The embossed panel and the flower are Baja Breeze and the sentiment is from Teeny Tiny sentiments and is also heat embossed.
I am entering this one into the sketch challenge at Less Is More

Supplies
Cardstock - Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze
Stamps - Secret Garden, Papillon Pot Pourri, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink - Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder, Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze, Versamark
Embossing - Whisper White Embossing Powder, Elegant Lines EF

If you would like to order any of these beautiful Stampin' Up! items, please do contact me
SPECIAL OFFER!! Order £250 of products and choose £65 worth of products FREE! Or join Stampin' Up! and choose £155 of goodies for only £99!! Contact me or see here for more details!

Thanks so much for coming for a peek today...see you tomorrow! :)

7 comments:

  1. I love this technique!! gorgeous colours hun.


    jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lizzie - it's a superb colour combo so soft and feminine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I adore the subtle effect you achieved! Two amazing cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards Lizy. I love them both but I think the first one is my favourite. Looks like an interesting technique.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow these are stunning lizy.the flowers are beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all terrific cards Lizy and that is a great technique, when used on black cardstock I think they call it Black Magic!
    Super cards.
    Thanks again
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lizzy, these are stunning cards!
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts