Saturday 2 April 2016

Timelessly Elegant Butterfly

Good afternoon all!
I hope you are well? Isn't it nice to finally have summertime here in the UK? Ok, so the weather is still not quite there yet, but it's so nice to have the lighter evenings isn't it?!

Anyway, I came into my craft room this morning to make a card for my niece's 2nd birthday tomorrow, and came up with this...


Ok...it's a birthday card but not quite right for a 2yr old right? Hmmm....back to the drawing board then! 

Anyway, how did this card come about? Well as it's Saturday I thought I'd pop and see what the challenge at Less Is More is, and it's White Space, but not the colour white, so that inspired a coloured card base and the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches gave me my layout....
Then I thought I'd use some DSP and Timeless Elegance was at the top of the box, then I just fancied a pop of colour, hence the Blackberry Bliss butterfly from Watercolour Wings. 


I'm hoping you can see above the subtle sparkle from my Wink Of Stella pen...I used the clear one to give some shimmer to my butterfly.


And above you can see the Gold embossed sentiment from Teeny Tiny Sentiments...perfectly tiny enough to give a message without taking anything away from the main panel.

If you'd like to order any of the items I used today, please do click on my link just over there on the right. >>>>>
And thank you if you do! :)

I am really happy with this card! Now I better go get my niece's card made!

Have a lovely Saturday!


16 comments:

  1. This is such a sophisticated design, really nicely laid out and I love the images! Great LIM entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! I love your sparkly butterfly! Looks great against that dark background! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you at LIM again Lizy... this is totally ACE!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is more"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! The colors are so rich and the butterfly has lovely dimension. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly elegant card - and you are right it's not for a two year old, but I'd love to receive it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Lizy ! Loving that fab butterfly image !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stunning Lizy.I love the fabulous butterfly ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pretty, super elegant and simply CAS-tastic Lizy. Love your take on the no-white white space and it's great to see you play along at LIM this week. Thanks so much. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this card! everything about it is subtle elegance

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the butterfly and the colours are fab together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, Lizy, this is lovely. Gorgeous pop of blackberry and so elegant. Great to see you at Less is More this week, thanks for playing along.
    Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! I love your combination of colours and image - that butterfly is stunning! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. The butterfly really pops against the dark background.

    Liz - LIM Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts