Sunday, 17 April 2011

Wedding day with acetate

Hello everyone!
What a beautiful day it is today! I'm currently sat in my newly tended back garden posting's glorious! I was working yesterday morning so couldn't enter the Less Is More challenge any earlier than today unfortunately, and I have also had a fab weekend with my wonderful friends, Hels and Jackie, seeing a brilliant Bryan Adams tribute band, so not much crafting has been done, until this morning! Hels asked me to make a wedding card for her friend's wedding, and as I knew I had the LIM Acetate challenge to do, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do, I did it! 2 birds with one stone! :)

So here is the card, and may I just say how very pleased I am with it!

The image is free from Papercraft Inspirations this month...there are 5 fab images in this style! I printed it twice in mirror image, cut them out, inserted a piece of organza ribbon through a slit I made in the bride's hair and glue the two images together. I printed the sentiment on the bottom of the A5 card blank, removed the middle section and placed an A5  piece of acetate behind. I then mounted the couple with silicone glue, and added some flowers to the bride's bouquet.

Hels is very pleased with the card and I hope the bride & groom are too!
As well as the LIM challenge, I am entering it into the following challenges.....
Scrapbook Sisters - Wedding/Anniversary
Totally Gorjuss - No patterned paper

Thanks for looking....I'm sure I'll be entering LIM again later in the week! ;)
Lizy x


  1. this is sooo gorgeous jenniexx

  2. It's gorgeous Lizy xx Jan

  3. Perfect!! I really love the veil, pearls and flowers, they are a fabulous addition.

  4. Gorgeous card, love the image.
    Acetate seems so right for a wedding card. Love the ribbon in her hair:)
    Jenny x

  5. You should be pleased with it - it's stunning! x

  6. Super card Lizy and a very clever idea! I'm sure this card will be very well received!
    "Less is More"

  7. Oh! yes a very successful card, love the idea for the ribbon in her hair, beautiful all round, you really should be pleased:0) xxx

  8. Gorgeous card. Thanks for the link too as I have a couple of wedding cards to make and wanted something different.

  9. Lizy, that's totally beautiful, I especially love the organza ribbon for the veil. xx

  10. Fabulous card Lizy
    Perfect CAS and use of acetate
    thanks so much
    have a good week, enjoy the sunshine
    Less is More

  11. Lizy, this is a beautiful card! LOVE the acetate just across the middle of the image!

  12. Amazing card Lizy, your friend will love it and so will the happy couple.

  13. So Elegant I love it..Chrissieann x

  14. What an adorable C&S wedding card. Thanks for joining the TG challenge this week. Bettina

  15. You have every reason to be pleased with it, it`s a gorgeous card.
    Lynne xxx

  16. beautiful wedding the way you have used the acetate.. great idea...
    michelle x

  17. A really gorgeous card Lizy. x

  18. beeeeeautiful card xxxx

  19. Very pretty elegant wedding card. x

  20. This is simply special



Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts