Wednesday 6 April 2011

Art Deco Lady

Well hello to you all on this lovely Wednesday...wish I knew it was going to be so nice before I had a shower...I would've been in the garden instead! Oh well...I still needed to get a couple of orders completed so now they are done, I can try to enter some more challenges.

Before I do though, I wanted to share a card I made for my friend's lovely Mum for her Birthday last Monday. Obviously, I couldn't post it on here until I knew she had received it in case she saw it!
It is made from an A3 piece of card made into a A4 gatefold card blank. I printed the image from Debbi Moore's Majestic Christmas cd as an A5 image. (which goes to show that a Christmas CD-ROM is not just for Christmas!) I printed the image 4 times and decoupaged it all up, added glitter and mounted it onto black mirror card. The panels were made using black and blue mirror card, and I cut the card blank corners to match. The font is Hill House and I finished with some black gems from Dunelm Mill.

Inside I used the frame of the image I had spare from decoupaging as a focal point inside the card, as you can see in the picture above.

It was a fiddly card to make but it would be easier to do a second time as I now know the pitfalls!
I love this card..it really is a stunner in real life!
Thanks for looking!
Lizy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts