Friday 19 April 2013

The Book Card!

Good morning!
As promised, I'm here with the book card I made for my friend's Mum's 60th Birthday last week...


I have a template for this card that I made in Word ages ago, and I just alter it as needed for the correct occasion. I have used Certainly Celery and Wild Wasabi Designer Series papers stuck onto plain white card. I distressed the edges using Always Artichoke for a shaded affect.


The inside is filled with photos of the recipient and her family, and a verse chosen by my friend. I also distressed the edges of the photos to give them an aged look.

I finished with flowers from Secret Garden and Butterflies from Papillon Pot Pourri, stamped in pinks and purples. The book is held together with Very Vanilla seam binding.


 I made a box to match and wrapped it with matching seam binding and a tag with 'Mum' printed from the pc.

I think the card has the looks of a spring garden, don't you?

Supplies
Cardstock - Whisper White
Designer Series Paper - Subtles
Stamps - Secret Garden, Papillon Pot Pourri
Ink - Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette
Framelits - Secret Garden, Bitty Butterfly, Apothecary Accents
Ribbon - Very Vanilla Seam Binding

There is an incredible offer at the moment where you can get £25 extra of free products when you join, or if you host a party with sales of £250 or more! Please see here, or contact me for more details as I'd love you to be enjoying using the products as much as I do, and this is an unmissable offer!!

Challenges

Well, I hope you liked the card...I loved making it!
Have a fab Friday!

21 comments:

  1. Your word card is beautiful.

    Thank you for joining us both at Crafty Cardmakers and also at Dream Valley.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is amazing Lizy and what a perfect gift in a card. Thanks for the inspiration. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooooooooooooooooow, this is so so wonderful :)
    Regards from Germany Alma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lizy this is just beautiful! Thanks for the email will be in touch
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card and box. The colours are just wonderful. Thanks for joining my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so stunning lizy.really love the pretty colours and details and the shape s fabulous ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. Such a wonderfull project. Beautifull shades of green.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I love the colours!!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous word card Lizzy, love the green, flowers and butterflies, fabulous design.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. how *COOL* is that?! and yes, it's definitely very gardeny! i'm sure your mom love♥LOVE♥loved it!!! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are #9, #18, #234, #235, and #243.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by JuliaMe and Myself on the Dark… and My Art... Healing The Soul and become a follower.

    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Popped over from Make It Monday. A very creative card. I'm sure anyone receiving this will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful 'special' card Lizy, I love the pink and purple accents of the flowers and butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful & meaningful gift! I am a particular fan of the greens & butterflies :) Thanks so much for getting texty with us at Shopping our Stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a superb card what a really lovely idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really lovely looking card and box. Thanks for playing with us over at the Crafty Card Makers this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful project....thanks for playing with us at Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh How Cool! Love it!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A stunning project and I'm sure it will be treasured by the recipient!

    Thank you for joining the challenge at the Creative Card Crew!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lizy - this is really wonderful. What a great way to celebrate. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at ATS&M.
    I love your Thanks card with the stamp across the letters too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow what a cute album. Love your color choices! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Creative Card Crew!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts