Monday 7 March 2016

Perfectly Artistic Birthday

Good evening everyone!
I hope this post finds you well? 

I got the urge to craft a little tonight, so I had a little look to see if there were any challenges I could enter and I came across the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and decided to have a go. Here's the sketch...

And here's what I made using some DSP that has been sat on my desk for weeks! I decided to rotate the sketch, just to be different!


This is Perfectly Artistic from the Spring/Summer catalogue and I'll be honest, I had planned to add a Melon Mambo or Watermelon Wonder flower/butterfly, but when I got my Botanical Builder Bundle out I spotted the feather and went with that instead! 


I stamped the feathers using Sahara Sand for the main and Crumb Cake for the veins, then to give them shape after die cutting I creased them gently down the middle. I added some Whisper White Organza ribbon, the feathers and Linen Thread, and a sentiment from Petite Pairs.

I apologise for the photos...I'm not so good at taking them in the dark!

Have a lovely evening and I'll see you soon :)


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, so soft and simple and the colours are perfect together xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I adore that background - just gorgeous! It was great to see you at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts