Monday 10 November 2014

Vintage Candles

Hello everyone! 
How is your weekend so far? 
I had my craft class on Friday evening, which was brilliant, as usual! I will share our projects tomorrow :) 
I was working for most of the weekend, but Mike and I went out for a game of pool on Saturday, and I did manage to craft a little...


I have been on a mission to make lots of pretty things for a stall I have later this month. So these candles are just perfect for it! I have used Designer Series paper on these... this is retired but any would work just as well, especially the Typeset Speciality Paper!


I then decorated them with Petite Petals and Papillon Potpourri, stamped onto the same DSP, and punch with the matching punches. I tied Venetian Crochet Trim and Linen Thread round the candles to add a shabby chic look. I finished with some tiny Basic Pearls.

Of course, they then needed packaging!

To make the base, I cut an equilateral triangle with 36cm sides, then scored each side at 5cm. I then cut along the scoreline in each corner to make a flap, then simply folded it all together and glued! I finished with floristry cello wrap, Crochet Trim and a butterfly. This is now a quite sturdy and pretty looking gift!

If you would like to order any of the Stampin' Up! products I have used, please feel free to contact me, or follow the link to my online shop, just over there >>>>>

Ok so before I go, I just thought I would share a photo of me and Mike playing pool...

This is me about to pot the black after just potting all 7 of my yellows in my first shot!


And this is Mike taking his shot after I missed potting the black!! *face palm*


Have a lovely Monday...I hope it's not too traumatic for you!


6 comments:

  1. oooh I adore the band you've put around those candles, so classic xx gorgeous x
    hugs
    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous idea and lovely gift.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are amazing Lizy! These candles are very elegant - I love the newsprint tied up with lace and twine and those pretty newsprint butterflies too. Had to laugh at your photos - yes, I've definitely been there! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant the pool photos of course! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your candles are beautiful Lizy - must have a go at these myself!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow fab project Lizy. Love your candles x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts