Monday 2 January 2012

First Card of 2012 - With Sympathy

Hello everyone and 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I hope 2012 is a fabulous year for you all! :)

Here is my first card for 2012 but sadly, it is a sympathy card for my very good friend Jackie who lost her Nan last night. I hope 2012 improves for her as she had a tough 2011. 

I find sympathy cards very tough to make so I took inspiration from the sketch at Fetch a Sketch this week, and as Jackie's Nan loved flowers, I thought this would be a fitting tribute for her. 
Not sure why the sentiment looks crooked....it really isn't lol!
Anyway, off to post a slightly more cheerful card now! :)
Lizy x


Edit - Winning card Fetch a Sketch challenge #14!

6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card (would look great as a CAS for all occasions in other colours) and I would think your pal would love to receive it and be comforted by it's arrival

    All the best

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card Lizy - nice and simple. Like you I also find them hard to make, I suppose it's because you are so limited to what you can put on them, but you've done a great job with this one. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lizy!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Thanks for entering the Fetch A Sketch Challenge – hope you can join us again next time! Fetch A Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card, just right to let your friend know you are thinking of them.
    Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegant and beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us over at Fetch A Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts