Thursday 8 May 2014

Frugal Friday #1

Hello everyone!
Welcome to Frugal Friday Challenge #1! 
*If you would like to see my other posts this week, please scroll down*

The idea of my little challenge is to get you all to use up those tiny little bits that are lying all over your desk, instead of chucking them in the bin! 
Each Friday in May I will start a new linky and each week I will choose a top 3. Then on 7th June I will choose a winner who will receive a little prize from me!

Remember the photo of scraps from yesterday's blog post? Well here is what I did with some of it...

This is created using only scraps from my desk with no extra stamping or punching other than the sentiment, and only a Candy Dot for added embellishment.


I'm quite chuffed that I used up so many bits...these could just as easily have ended up in the bin...what a waste that would have been! I sent this to a friend who is feeling a bit 'under it' at the moment. Hope you feel better soon hun :)


Stampin' Up! supplies used

Petite Petals Clear Bundle Neutrals Designer Series Paper StackLittle Leaves Stampin' Up! Sizzlits Die - by Stampin' Up!Basic Gray Classic Stampin' PadNeutrals Candy DotsDaffodil Delight 1/4 Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
Please click on the pictures to order directly from my online shop.


I'm also entering my card into the challenge at CAS-ual Friday this week where the theme is Three Thirds. I have used a 3 word sentiment and used only 1 third of my card.
CFC131: Three Thirds? The idea is to use three of something, could be colors, sequins, etc
on just 1/3 of the card, and keep it clean and simple.

Do you have scraps lying around your desk? Ok...well why not show me what you've made with yours? Blog a picture of the bits lying on your desk and then your completed card, or 3D item...whatever you choose, and link your project in the linky below for us all to see. 

This is my first Frugal Friday and I'd love you to join in...who knows, it might helps you get desk looking a little clearer!



Have a lovely Frugal Friday!

17 comments:

  1. A great card using up some of your scraps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely CAS card, Lizy :)
    And I love the idea of Frugal Friday, I always have scraps that could be used up.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea lizy, going to find my mojo and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to join in a Frugal Friday challenge - sounds like great fun.
    I love your card - I would love to case it and make little thank you notes for my customers if you don't mind?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card and a wonderful idea too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous I do love the simple cards. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done, very good idea, I have a box on my desk that i chuck bits and bobs in, I have made a canvas on my blog from all my bits that I didnt want to use x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Lizy, just my kind of card. Must check out my scraps!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Lizy - what a really brilliant idea.. wish I had read your blog before having a clear up! - but on 2nd thoughts I would have just been far too embarrassed to take a before picture of my desk- that's probably a secret best kept with me am thinking - 'mess;' - that doesn't begin to descrbe the half of it.. will keep this in mind for next Friday tho'!
    have a lovely bank hol
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lizy I love your tiny little focal point, it is really sweet and sure to brighten your friends day! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. simply gorgeous lizy.i love your pretty flower :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very inspirational!! So neat to see what you created with your scraps. A wonderful vignette! Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge with your CAS creation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cute card, like the white leaves x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a really stunning card Lizy! And made with the scraps? It looks as if you spent hours designing it with the perfect colours and placement. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous CAS style card Lizy. Love it.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lizy this is a stunning card - it's amazing what you can do with some scraps - thanks for the inspiration! N

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts