Thursday 18 July 2013

Thank You Chalkboards for Teachers

Hello!
Well, after a really busy week I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! 
One of the reasons I was so busy is because it is the last week of school, so a teacher thank you cards were needed! Keiran's class in Reception has 2 fab teachers and 2 great teaching assistants, so I thought they should have special cards. 

I have seen lots of little chalkboard easel style cards, so I thought I would have a go at one...


...or four!


I wrote the teachers' names on the back of each card with chalk, then to fix it, I sprayed them with hairspray.


The wood effect was made using the woodgrain stamp, and each vertical strip is 1.5cm wide by 14cm long, the horizontal strips are 1.5cm by 7cm. The black card base starts out as an A6 tent fold.


I stamped my sentiment using Vintage Verses (SAB, retired) and Sweet Essentials with a Whisper White Craft pad. The little tags are created using various punches, washi tape and a cheeky monkey stamp!

Supplies
Cardstock - Basic Black, Crumb Cake
Stamps - Vintage Verses, Zoo Babies, Sweet Essentials, Woodgrain Background Stamp
Ink - Basic Black, Whisper White
Punches/Dies - Chalkboard Framelits, Jewellery Tag, Petite Curly Label
Ribbon - Stitched Grossgrain, Linen Thread
Other - Gingham Garden Washi Tape

If you would like to order any of the products I have used, or any of the other fabulous new products, please do contact me and I will be very happy to place your order for you.

Please click on the catalogue link on my sidebar to browse the yummy new catalogue, or for £4.95 inc. p&p I can send you your very own copy to drool over and write your wishlist in!

Challenges

Right, off to work! See you tomorrow! :)

10 comments:

  1. oh wow these are fantastic lizy.really love the clever design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizy - this is such a cute project for teachers! Very creative! You link that should go to Craft Your Passion goes someplace else- I will come back tomorrow ans see if you will be able to fix that... I would hate for you to miss out on the challenge!
    ~ginny
    Craft Your Passion DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Lizy, these are fab, great idea.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea Lizy. These cards look great.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fab Lizy, such a clever idea!! :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea and very creative absolute Love these!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lizy these are fantastic!! I love personalized cards/gifts! Now I want to try one! :) Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
    Kathi
    Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooo cute they will level them

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those thank you cards are super cute! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! These are fab. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts