Thursday 3 July 2014

Scalloped Tag Topper Birthday

Good morning!
It's Thursday which must mean a new challenge at CAS - Colours and Sketches, and this week it's a colour challenge.


I had to think a little for this one, as I couldn't figure out how to combine the 3 colours without going for my usual favoured stamp sets...Gorgeous Grunge, Petite Petals and Papillon Potpourri! In the end, this is what I came up with...


Ok, yes, I used Petite Petals! What can I say...I'm getting my money's worth out of that wonderful bundle! I also used the Label Love Bundle for the Basic Gray part. I paper pierced the Whisper White panel first, using Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Sentiments in Strawberry Slush, then mounted it onto my Crumb Cake panel using Dimensionals.


This wonderful card base is created by taking a piece of card 29.5cm x 10cm, scoring it at 13cm, then punching each end with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, cutting off the bit that's left after punching. Then on the longest side I folded the tab into the card and tied it together with the Crumb Cake Seam Binding. 

I really enjoyed making this card...once I had decided on the layering, the rest came together pretty quickly! And I do love the result!

We can't wait to see what you have made, and if you need more inspiration, do go check out the other DT!



8 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love the beautiful bow.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is stunning love all the details xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - great design - love it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizy, a beautiful card, love the design and the lovely colours.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the interesting closure with the punched edges and the seam binding! I also really like the piercing. Great job, Lizy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. simply stunning lizy.the design is beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts