Saturday 9 February 2013

Less Is More - Music...done it!

Hello again!
Ok, so my challenge this week was to create a one layer card for the Less is More challenge, with the theme of 

MUSIC

Easy, you may think? Hmmmm yes, ordinarily. But I have the problem of not having ANY music themed Stampin' Up! products, so this involved a little thinking out of the box...


I though this stamp's wording sounded like the 'Happy Birthday' song, so I used that for the inspiration. 


I then googled music notes and copied a few by hand. {Please don't shout at me if they're wrong...I have no idea lol!}

I chose the colours to go with the challenge at Dynamic Duos this week...

Products used
Cardstock - Whisper White
Stamps - Happiest Birthday Wishes
Ink - {markers} - Pool Party, Pink Pirouette
Tools - Simply Scored

If you would like any gorgeous Stampin' Up! products, please do contact me on 07915 698577 or email me at lizygreen@aol.com

Ok it's time for tea, then DVD and popcorn! :)
Bye for now!

14 comments:

  1. You are a resourceful lady Lizy! I think it was a great idea to doodle musical symbols and notes and that sentiment is the happy birthday song! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea - gr8 card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizy, very ingenious. This is very pretty and I love all that clean white space. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and very pretty CAS card! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from LIM - I think your card is fab and I have no idea if the music is right either, but it sure looks good :0) MO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Lizy. attempting a treble clef is quite tricky if you've never done one before... well done!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lizy, yet another adorable creation. I have been loving your cards and have nominated you for the Leibster award-go check out my blog
    for details
    http://sandiesandie16.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great doodles! And a perfect CAS card - glad you could join us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a wonderfully creative way to interpret that challenge - I love it!! Do you have the MDS digital studio? There is a music digi stamp that is only about 95 cents available. I got that for these type challenges - but I must say I like your method an awful lot.

    Congrats on your Liebster Award nomination from Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really pretty card - love the doodling too! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - so simple but effective. Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card-I'm never brave enough to doodle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card! Love that embossed line! Thanks for playing at the Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts