Saturday 1 February 2014

Gorgeous rainbow wings

Good morning!
This is a very quick post before I go to work.

It's Saturday which means there's a new challenge over at Less Is More, and it's their 3rd birthday! And Mandi is back as a guest designer! How lovely to see her work again and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Less Is More!

This week they have gone with a rainbow theme. As soon as I saw this challenge I knew exactly what to do!


I used Gorgeous Grunge, lots of different colours and the Beautiful Wings Embosslits folder. The butterflies were die cut from card I stamped with Gorgeous Grunge to give the a blotchy look.


My idea with this card was to make the butterflies look like they had lifted off the ink spots on the card...almost like they were flying away with stolen colour!

The colours I used are Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant.

I am also entering this into the challenge at Stampin' Celebration and this photo inspiration...

Right, must dash! See you later!



15 comments:

  1. What a pretty card, Lizy. I love Gorgeous Grunge too. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. GLORIOUS splatty card (right up my street too) and well done on being first this week

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspirational as always, love to know what goes o n in your brain!! (perhaps not!!) Great Lizy, as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this stamp set Lizy and this is a great card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Lizy, I love your choice of bright colours. Love the butterflies in flight.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful imagination Lizy and it really does look like the butterflies are flying away with the colours! Lovely! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card it is so delicate!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Lizy

    beautiful card as always... and just love the use of the gorgeous grunge stamp here - uhmm I think its the name,,, must really try to get to grips with it!
    best wishes
    Jan
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very sweet card! So gentle and cute!
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  10. so gorgeous lizy.i love the fab splattered effect and fab pretty butterflies ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Lizy - love it! Nicole x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the mix of grunge and butterflies! Thanks for linking with us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty card Lizy! I love the butterflies "flying away with the ink color" idea! Thanks so much for playing along at Stampin' Celebration this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty card Lizy! Love that idea of the butterflies flying away with stolen ink color! Thanks for playing along at Stampin' Celebration this month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card!! Love the butterflies flitting through the rainbow splatter. Thank you for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts