Sunday 16 March 2014

A bit of masking with In Colors

Good morning!
It's Sunday and I haven't entered the challenge at Less Is More yet! So here is my entry into Chrissie and Jen's theme challenge this week, which is

MASKING or STENCILLING

Funnily enough, I was showing on of my team, Serena, how to use the masking technique only the other day!

I already kind of decided what to do when I started making this card, but as I was looking for something to make a masking area from I found my Chalk Talk Framelits and decided to give those a try. So I firstly stamped my flower from Flower Shop in Summer Starfruit, then punched a flower out of plain paper using the Pansy Punch. I also cut the label from Chalk Talk out of plain paper and position both over the stamped flower. TIP: If you add a little Tombow Glue to the back of each shape and allow it to dry before sticking it down, it becomes repositionable.


I then stamped the Hardwood Background stamp in Midnight Muse over the top, added a Papillon Potpourri Butterfly and my sentiment. I really like how this card turned out...might try some more masking this week!


Stampin' Up! supplies used
Papillon Potpourri Clear-Mount Stamp SetFlower Shop Clear BundleChalk Talk Framelits DiesHardwoodBitty Butterfly Punch
2012-2014 In Color Stampin' Write MarkersStampin' Distress Tool
Please click on the pictures to buy direct from my online shop.

I enjoyed my little bit of crafting this morning, before work! Whatever you're doing this weekend, enjoy!


9 comments:

  1. OOH - yummy card, Liz, fab masking

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - great card I love the colour combinations.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. looovvvvveeee it
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colour combination Lizy and I love the trendy tilt to the label! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so stunning lizy.really love the fab design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super masking Lizy, this is fab!
    Thanks for taking the Less is More Challenge this week
    Anne
    (Guest commenter LIM)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts