Monday 30 May 2011

Some more Less is More!

Hey everyone!
I had a lovely day yesterday at my friend Gemma's little girl Amelia's Baptism. It was a lovely service and the 'do after' was fab......wonderful venue at Prestwich bowling, cricket and tennis club!

Anyway, I havea couple of cards to make for orders, but while stuff is drying on them I managed to have a little play with some of my stamps and my new chalks.
This first one is from the Kanban Autumn Silhouettes again but this time I used both the 'positive' and 'negative' stamps of the tree. I started with the positive and stamped the tree with Versamark. I then coloured it with my new chalks, using a cotton bud for the small areas. Then I stamped using the negative stamp and before colouring I placed a small circle to mask off for the sun. I then cloured with chalks and then removed the circle and coloured the sun. Not sure if it really shows on here.....but itdoes look really effective in the 'flesh'!

This second one is from cArt-us and I again stamped inVersamark, and coloured with the chalks. The sentiments are both from the Kanban set, stamped in Rich Cocoa Memento.
Hope you like today's offerings for the Less is More - Pick a Square challenge. It's the first time I've tried masking...bit gutted it doesn't show on the photo!
Lizy x

10 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards, very effective!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing - love both images and cards

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a nice time yesterday
    these are lovely Lizy, seen these Love Birds already this week. hadn't seen them before, I love them!
    Thanks very much
    Diva LIM mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards Lizy. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 very pretty cards, lovely colouring so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another super pair of cards Lizy! Are the colours as pale as they look in the picture in reality?
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards! I love the love birds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are both beautiful and sweet!! Wonderful images and great job with your coloring...perfectly placed with perfect sentiments...VERY NICE work, Lizy:)!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts