Tuesday 3 May 2011

Just a few Thank You's...

Good evening!
Well I don't know if it's my cold, or my absolute mess of a craft room (trust me, you should see it!), or my deepening disappointment with my 'Joy' Trouvaille (I use inverted commas because it has given me pretty much anything but joy over the last few weeks!) but I have had difficulty coming up with anything today. Two of the following cards were made using My Craft Studio, and the last one did not help with my frustration at that useless piece of machinery! Anyway, here they are......

 These 2 were the ones using MCS Countryside Garden. I simply positioned them on the card with a sentiment and printed onto card. Unfortunately, they didn't print exactly where I wanted on my A4 card, as they were supposed to be A5 landscape cards! So instead I cut them to fit onto 6x6 cards.
This last one made me want to throw my 'Joy' through the window! I wanted to emboss some images of flowers onto the card, but it almost cut through instead! And it wouldn't take even a Cuttlebug embossing folder! So instead I cut out the border with a Marianne Creatables die, and added two peel off dragonflies. The larger one I mounted onto dark blue card and cut it out, one to give it colour, but mainly to give it strength so the wings could be raised. I finished with my favourite Thank You stamp (don't know what make though).

My favourite one is the last one because I never really use peel offs but I like how they look :)

Now as for the Joy...... I have emailed Joy directly, I have emailed Once Upon A Stamp from whom I purchased it, and so far no answer from either! I really have no clue what to do next! Does anyone else have this machine? I know Jan has and she did get a response from Joy but I'm still waiting! Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Lizy x

10 comments:

  1. Hi Lizy
    you havebeen busy ...three lovely cards ...hugs
    sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. More like Joy-less!! Shame to be so disappointed with a product isn't it?

    Lovely cards btw!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've really done a lot for this challenge...great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of your 'Joy' machine, so I can't be any help whatsoever, but I love your dragonfly card!, the middle flowery one is lovely too! You're such a busy Lizy!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all FAB Lizy I think the middle one with the flowers is stunning!
    Perfect!
    Thanks again
    mandi
    Diva LIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go girl, beautiful cards Lizy xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of the Joy machine so sorry can't help there, despite it though you have created a wonderful selection of cards. Particularly love the second and third. Wel done creation such gorgeous cards in the face of adversity.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're having a better day today! Three more super cards, second and third one's being my fave. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lizy, I have been having a wander through your blog and catching up on your cards. They are all so different and all so good! I think, from the LiM ones this week, I like the ones with the dragonflies best, I've got loads of peel-offs consigned to folders that never get used now. I think I might just have to pull them out and look at them with new eyes. With regards the Joy Trouvaille, I've not got one myself but I've read the problems that Eileen of ikkiscuttlebugcupboard.blogspot.com has had. Sorry I don't know how to do links in these comment boxes, but if you can get to her website you can read about the problems she has had. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three lovely cards Lizy, I particularly like the second one. Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts