Wednesday 4 May 2011

Butterfly gift card

Hello again crafters of the world!
Well what a beautiful day it has been again today! I have done so much in the garden......planted 2 varieties of potatoes, red and white onions, sweetcorn, carrots, butternut squash, beetroot, courgettes & runner beans! I've also mowed my lawns, trimmed my hedge, re-seeded the lawn, fed the bedding plants and watered it all! A very busy day indeed! When I'd finished I decided to wind down a little by putting together a card......
 On my lunch break yesterday, I went for a wander in town and found that my favourite costume jewellery shop had everything discounted by 50%! So I picked up lots of these earrings, in different styles, for 50p a pair! I bought them specifically to make gift cards like this one!
 I have used the same embossing folder from Marianne that I used on another card recently. Behind it I added some purple shimmer card and pierced two holes for the earrings to go through. I then mounted it to a 6x6 card blank using double foam pads in the middle to allow easy removal of the earrings. I stuck it at the edges with silicone glue. I finished with a ribbon, some card candi and lots of tiny gems for plenty of bling!
As you can see, the earrings can easily be removed leaving a pretty card to display! The stamp used for the butterflies is a lovely one from a pair I picked up for £1.26 from my local craft shop! They're from http://www.cart-us.com/. I stamped them using my gold ink pad and cut one of them out to layer up and give a 3D effect.

I am entering this into the following challenges......
Diva's By Design's first challenge - Anything Goes
Flutterby Wednesday - Open
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking....more like this coming soon! :)
Lizy x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lizy,
    WOW just stunning! Love the CAS style and the gift card idea is fab, love the embossing and ribbon. Just beautiful! Thanks for joining in with us at Divas By Design and Good Luck.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful card! So very pretty.
    Oh, and congrats on 100 posts! And they're all lovely.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizy, I like your style and love your butterflies.Keep it up!Good Luck in Diva's by design.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. would you like to come to my house next?? LOL, you certainly have done a lot, and then to create such beauty!! What a wonderful idea a gift in a card....Thanks for joining our very first challenge at Divas by Design!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts