Saturday 14 May 2011

Last WOW card!

Hi LIMettes!
What happened to Blogger this morning? I tried to upload a card I made before I went out but it wouldn't let me sign in saying that it was unavailable! Anyway, here is the card, now that I'm back......

I really liked seeing all the rolled roses in the Less Is More - White On White challenge this week so I decided to do some too! I don't have the wonderful dies for this so all I did was punch out a 1 and half inch circle and trimmed it with some scalloped scissors that were free with a magazine some time ago. I then cut a spiral into the circle using the same scissors, then pinch the thin end in my tweezers and rolled it around them. I secured the rolled rose to it's base with some silicone glue. After I had made 3, I sprayed them with spray mount and dusted with Butterfly Trails glitter. The leaves are a woodware punch, the swirl is Sizzix, the butterfly is Marianne Creatables and the frame is a Nestie Label, all made with and mounted onto shimmer white card and paper.

Hope you like it! :)

I now am off to finish all the ironing for the childrens clothes sale next Saturday.......And trust me, it really is a mountain of ironing! How did a 3yr old get so many clothes already!

Lizy x

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and you roses are fab very elegant card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who needs rolled rose dies when you can make them like this Lizy!
    Fab card altogether!
    Poor old Mr Blogger was having a few moments this morning.. needed to go and sleep it off in a darkened room no doubt... still he seems to have perked up now!
    Thanks so much again Lizy.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Beautiful I love the flowers, must have a go at making these... Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful card, looks very soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant! This is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lizy
    Fabulous card .....another stunner .....Gorgeous
    hugs
    sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous balance on this card Lizy love the shapes and the roses:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my fave of your three cards lizy, so stylish :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh 3 this quickly you are on a roll. Love your flowers and that you are back in white on white mode it really is such an elegant look. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lizzy, just having a wander thru your blog - you'll probably see a few comments from me! Love this card, it's so elegant. But it was the comment about childrens clothes that got me, I can so relate. I sell at a twice yearly NCT nearly new sale and I've always got piles of clothes to go too! My girl is nearly 4 now and starting school in Sept (gulp!) hopefully it will calm down then as she will be in school uniform. Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts