Wednesday 4 June 2014

Golden Poppies

Hello everyone!
As you may (or may not) know, I have a lot of commissioned projects that I am working on, which is really keeping me busy! I have got one of them to show you today. I have, as always, asked permission to show it so all's good :)


The brief for this one was to use the 2 photos, poppies and it was for a Golden Anniversary. I did struggle for a while, I think because I was trying to come up with something using red poppies. Then I realised that I needed to forget red, which is when I came up with stamping them in gold Encore, which I think really works, don't you?

I printed the photos in sepia which worked better than colour, then added the 'Mr & Mrs', which is gold embossed onto Vellum cardstock. The Crochet Trim and Gold Sequin Trim are perfectly placed to ground the poppies.


7 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous Lizy - the gold poppies really work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet they were thrilled to bits with this Lizy - what a fantastic piece of work! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is fab! Well done, Lizy. I love the poppies in the background. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous layout
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning. Such fabulous design detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genius! I love everything about this stylish elegant make. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts