Saturday 14 June 2014

Sketch Saturday DT card and mini tutorial!

Good morning Sketch Saturday fans! 
We have a new sketch for you today, and I have a little, quick tutorial too!

So first the sketch...
Isn't it great?

So here is what I made...


I used the HipHip Hooray card kit for my card and believe me when I say it took me all of about 3 minutes! And that includes the chevrons!

The brilliant thing about this kit is that you are given everything you need to make 24 cards! That's stamps, ink, a clear block (yes really!), embellishments, baker's twine, stickers, card blanks and envelopes! The only extra bit I added were the punched chevron bits. Now I don't have the clever chevron border punch (yet!) but I did figure out a way to make them using the Hexagon punch!

First, measure a piece of card 3cm wide, then measure the middle point and faintly draw a line, as below... (it doesn't really matter how long the card is)

Next, line up one of the points of your hexagon punch with the middle line and punch. Repeat for as many chevrons as you need.

And voila! Quick and easy chevrons!

Neat trick isn't it? Hope you find it useful!

I have a busy day today helping out at the school summer fayre, then visiting my friend's summer fayre, then some quality time with Keiran...can't wait!
Have a terrific Saturday, and don't forget to link up your card to the challenge!



9 comments:

  1. Very pretty and love the chevrons.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever using a punch to make the chevrons! Great quick CAS card Lizy. Hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous lizy.fab funky design,the chevrons are fab ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card - geeat idea to use the hexagon punch for chenrons. Neat!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lizy
    Thats a great tip.... Fabby card....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great CAS card Lizy and a fabulous way to make those chevrons. I couldn't do them however I tried to cut them, which is why I gave up and just did triangles in the end!

    Hugs, Vannessa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts