Hello all!
Well what another miserable day it is here in Bolton today :( Thank goodness for crafting and blogging eh?!
And the next few posts will show the fruits of my labours today......
This one is another attempt at the Less Is More Embossing challenge which is proving to be a bit of a nemesis to me! I haven't yet created a card I am thrilled with! The butterfly is hand embossed using a metal stencil that was free in Quick Cards (I think!). While the stencil was still in place after embossing, I painted it using the free shimmer paints from this month's Cardmaking & Papercraft (again I think!). I finished with a tiny little sentiment that was free from a stamp set from one of the magazines recently! So this card was a bit of a freebie! ;)
Hope you like......I wish the painting had been a little neater....
Lizy x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My most popular posts
-
Morning LIMettes! Well one of my fave challenges today...white on white! Now I am without a laptop as it died last night so I am trying th...
-
Good morning on this (yet again) dull Saturday in August! At least we have the Less Is More challenge to get us up and raring to go eh LIMet...
-
Yay it's Saturday! Which can mean only one thing...the new Less Is More challenge! Which this week is a sketch. However, I have woken ...
-
Happy LIM-day everyone! Yes it's Saturday morning and as I'm not working I've managed to get my first entry in early......unlik...
-
*if you're looking for my Sketch Saturday post, please scroll down* Good morning! Not as bright and sunny as yesterday though...hope th...
-
Hello everyone! What a beautiful day it is today! I'm currently sat in my newly tended back garden posting this...it's glorious! I ...
-
Good morning! Yay it's Saturday! That means it's time for the Less is More challenge for this week which is A Touch Of Red ! Here is...
-
Good morning all! Well I am off to my friend Nikki's wedding today, and I need to nip into town as I forgot to get some earrings to matc...
-
Good morning LIMettes! I have to be quick this morning as it's Keiran's Birthday party today so lots to do! This week at Less Is Mor...
-
Goooood morning LIMettes! Well I had a fab night out here in Sawston last night with Hels, and we're heading into Cambridge for shoppin...
Well I never thought of using my metal plates to stencil then heat emboss, you have got me thinking now.
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
jenjoy x
Looks a tricky technique to me Lizy!
ReplyDeleteWell done you for trying new things.
Thanks so much for more craftiness!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"
It is a sweet card, painting dry embossing is so hard you are being tough on yourself. XOXO Zoe
ReplyDeleteI'd be VERY thrilled with this one! It's just beautiful. So very pretty.
ReplyDeleteLYnn
Bless ya heart for trying new techniques Lizy
ReplyDeleteIm not a fan of colouring embossing cos its never crisp...IMHO
Sorry not criticisng, Im being uber critical
Still a super card
Thank you very much
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"
I like the artsyness of this card...very free and light. :)
ReplyDeleteVery brave of you to try this technique...I wouldn't dare!
ReplyDelete