Tuesday 11 October 2011

Iris Folded Christmas Heart

Good evening LIMettes!
I have spent this afternoon trying a new technique that I was reminded about in a magazine today......Iris Folding!  So after work and my driving lesson, while Kerian was at nursery, I decided to give it a go. Here is the result......

I am very pleased with the effect and I think it classes as one layer for the Less is More - One Layer, Hearts challenge. At least I hope so! :) The papers I used are My Minds Eye and the snowflake punch stamp was free with this month's Craft Beautiful mag, where I got the idea from.
Oh and by the way, the template and instructions can be found here.
Hope you like it :)
Lizy x

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love the effect of the iris folding, such a fab technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lizy,love the iris folding.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely hun, haven't seen iris folding for ages. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried this technique Lizy and I don't really know if it counts as a one layer card.... there are lots of layers of papers making up the design... but the front is just one layer...it's a tricky one... I think the jury's out on this one!
    It looks great whatever!
    What do other people think?
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lizy, fabulous idea, love the effect! Have never tried iris folding!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Lizy, well done for trying Iris Folding, I've never been brave enough to try, you've made a fantastic job of it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looks fantastic!One layer or not I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love iris folding, One layer... mm difficult one but it IS only one bit of cardstock folded LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous heart, not tried anything like this, may just have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a bit in th ablance too Lizy...sorry lol
    One layer......ish lol
    Super effect
    Thank you
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely stunning. What gorgeous results. Hard to believe that this is your first try at this technique

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts