Here is my entry for this week's LOTV Thursday Challenge. The gorgeous stamp is 'Hello Cupcake' which I loved from the first second I saw it! I coloured the stamped image with Promarkers (as always!) and die cut it into an oval with Nestabilities Petite Ovals Lge. I then added some glitter to a small, pink rose, and to the cupcakes to give a little sparkle!
For the card base, I took a 6x6 card blank from Craftwork Cards Back2Basics range and cut a rounded edge on the front only. I then cut some backing paper from the stunning Love Letters paperstack from First Edition to cover the front of the card. I used the reverse of the same paper to line the inside of the card. I attached some pink ribbon to the front and the inner of the card by sticking it under the papers, before sticking the papers to the card.
Using silicone glue to give a little dimension, I mounted my image, and then finished the card with 3 lace flowers I made by sewing down one edge with running stitch and pulling tight to create the flower shape. The lace and the ribbon came from my local Habiknit store.
Promarkers
Dress & Hat: Antique Pink, Cocktail Pink, Baby Pink, Pastel Blue, Blender (to fade the blue a little)
Cup & Hat Ribbon: Honeycomb, Oatmeal, Blush
Cupcakes & Stand: Pastel Blue, Honeycomb, Oatmeal, Magenta, Antique Pink, Cool Grey 2 (floor)
Skin & Hair: Soft Peach, Coral, Satin, Cocoa
Thanks for having a peek today and thanks to the LOTV inspirations gallery for helping me with the colouring & shading of the image...it's a life saver sometimes!
Lizy x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My most popular posts
-
Good morning on this (yet again) dull Saturday in August! At least we have the Less Is More challenge to get us up and raring to go eh LIMet...
-
Morning LIMettes! Well one of my fave challenges today...white on white! Now I am without a laptop as it died last night so I am trying th...
-
Yay it's Saturday! Which can mean only one thing...the new Less Is More challenge! Which this week is a sketch. However, I have woken ...
-
Happy LIM-day everyone! Yes it's Saturday morning and as I'm not working I've managed to get my first entry in early......unlik...
-
Hello everyone! What a beautiful day it is today! I'm currently sat in my newly tended back garden posting this...it's glorious! I ...
-
Good morning! Yay it's Saturday! That means it's time for the Less is More challenge for this week which is A Touch Of Red ! Here is...
-
Good morning all! Well I am off to my friend Nikki's wedding today, and I need to nip into town as I forgot to get some earrings to matc...
-
Good morning LIMettes! I have to be quick this morning as it's Keiran's Birthday party today so lots to do! This week at Less Is Mor...
-
*if you're looking for my Sketch Saturday post, please scroll down* Good morning! Not as bright and sunny as yesterday though...hope th...
-
Hello peeps! I had such a busy night at work last night that I didn't get chance to come on here afterwards...I was too shattered! Bu...
Your card is beautiful Lizy. Love the colours and a great take on this weeks sketch.Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
ReplyDeleteClairexx
This is gorgeous, Lizy- great colourtones and colouring and I love those lace flowers!! :) I loved this stamp on sight, too!! :)
ReplyDeletehugs, Rachel x
Oh this is just gorgeous - the colours are so pretty and I love that image :) Thank you for joining us over at the LOTV challenge. Hugs, Dawny xxx
ReplyDelete